Thursday, March 02, 2006

sometimes it pays to be old

I struggle with math... not just my class (which pisses me off most days) but really, the concepts are just waxing my ass. I say this because it's always been tough to wrap my brain around certain things.

Well, it's all turning around. I really do work my ass off for that class. I attend every class, every study session, I do all the homework, do the practice problems twice and I spend time with my teacher, picking his brain. Last semester I had tutoring every week.... sometimes twice a week. This particular test is reputedly the "widowmaker" of all exams. It's basically loading us up with entirely too much info and weeding us out. Ass waxer.

I got my test back today.

I scored a 90. The highest in the class.

I did the happy dance the whole way home. Car dancing is not recommended in rush hour.

No comments: