Saturday, March 18, 2006

cat-like reflexes

So Robb and I have spent all day together, doing stuff. Went to Blockbuster, hung out with the dog, watched movies, watched tv, talked about movies and tv. But, according to him, we have nothing left in common anymore. Sure.

My sculpture is going to be fine. I'll be able to finish it tomorrow and henna my hair... and even be able to paint I'm hoping. Gotta make the most of my last day of spring break. Especially since this was probably the worst fucking spring break I've ever had. I haven't really done much...

Funny how living this life is really no different from the one I had before. I guess there's a lesson in that alone.

When we went to Blockbuster today, Robb was sort of joking with the clerk. She had like zero sense of humor. And we both were surprised that he didn't even rate an eyeroll. After thinking about it for a few minutes I think she may have thought he was flirting with her in front of me.... me being perceived as his girlfriend. He's a shit, but he's not that big of one.

I was telling my mom last night how it seems that a lot of my friends have genuinely rallied around me, reminding me of how valuable I am to others besides my family. Heck even my old bosses were happy to be references. It was nice to really touch base with everyone. It'd been nearly a year since I'd left to start school. I wondered if they would treat me as a failure or a loser, but they were genuinely concerned adn really cool about stuff... life has it's twists and turns.

I've decided that I'm a lot like a cat. No matter how many times I fall I will always land on my feet... and I'm cute and cuddly. And I like to chase little furry things.

No comments: