When you're out in the world, or even more important, at home, with your family or loved ones... think about how your actions effect others.
The crap that has happened in this relationship still just bowls me over. Robb told everyone else but me that there was a problem. "Love" and "cherish" were words that were used regularly. "Trust" and "faith" were another two constant terms. And at no time did I know that his level of commitment did not match mine. As a matter of fact, I asked him several times from Christmas on about our goals, our commitment, our life. Betrayal on this scale for this duration is simply not something I can fathom.
My dad has always said that one of my positive traits is that I always believe people wouldn't do things I wouldn't do. This is, in his opinion, also my greatest weakness. I never see it coming when somone hurts me.
I don't see this as a weakness. I see this as a strength. I don't want to be that cynical old bitch who never lets anyone get to know her.
I really need to stop talking to my father about this stuff. I'm beginning to see that he's sort of undermining my growth and healing.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment