Monday, December 05, 2005

whew

I'm so exhausted. Went out to R's company Christmas party last night. He came home and picked me up around 9 and were downtown 45 mins later. I had my one drink and then started on the water.

I talked with one of the other "wives" for most of the evening.... a lovely girl named Erin. Her husband is a wonderful blues guitarist so you can imagine what the boys were talking about. Some of the guys R works with are gifted musicians as well as interesting characters.

I am entirely too nice. I was the designated driver.... but R volunteered us to drive his boss and one other guy, Lyle, home.

After two hours of driving in circles, "NO! go the other way!" and "Oh yeah, I'm wrong, it was the other way," we finally got everyone home safely. Whether they made it into their houses okay, I don't care. I got R and me back home around 3:30 am.

I tried to stay up for R to eat a snack, but I fell into bed in about 15 minutes. R fell asleep on the sofa... or maybe it was more like "passed out" on the sofa. He never came to bed. Poor guy.

I'm soooo tired today. I tried to take a nap but the puppy wasn't having any of it. I considered tethering him to the table but I knew the table would just end up in the bedroom after he dragged it around a bit. I feel like I've been put through the mill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good times!
Wooo!
Yeah.
They catch up on you, huh?