Tuesday, December 06, 2005

the ghost in Z's house...

Recently I read Pirata's Blog and she wrote about ghosts. It has inspired me to write about my own ghost experience.

I was living in England. Some friends of mine had gone out of town and asked me to watch their house/doggies. It was a huge house out on a farm and when it was dark... man it really got dark. I often would hear footsteps upstairs, even when no one was home. I once heard foosteps on the stairs. Both of the dogs went running over the staircase to investigate, so I know it wasn't a hallucination. Or if it was, the dogs dropped the same acid I did. But I digress...

So, one night I was in their computer room... I had received a particularly upsetting bit of news in email. I was so distraught and crying. I sort of saw something out of the corner of my eye, like a presence right on the periphery of my vision. I was too upset to really think about it... and I certainly wasn't going to turn around... but for some reason the presence remained there... I eventually had enough nerve to look a little closer at it... she was standing right at my shoulder, she wore a blue dress and an apron... sort of like women in old photos I've seen.

When my friends returned, I told them about what happened. They told me that yeah, that was the original structure of the house. The dogs would occasionally look at something in the corner and wag their tails... we were all convinced the presence was benign or maybe even kindly. Despite that, it was still sort of creepy to think about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh oh! that's me, I owned that house! I can vouch for it! I never saw the spirit myself, but I could that the dogs sure tought something was there. My then partner swore he heard the footsteps at night on the upstairs wooden floors...