Thursday, December 22, 2005

screening schmeening...

Okay so after my doctor appointment yesterday it hit me. The litany of the nurse practitioner started to sink in. The lecture that I usually tune out got through.

Well, that and I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and I look like Mama Cass.

I've never been a small girl. Well not since my 23rd birthday. I have a couple of medical problems and they make losing weight a lot harder for me than your average person. The only weight loss plan that ever worked was Atkins anyway and frankly that's just not a sustainable plan.

So now I'm borderline diabetic. If I don't do something now it may not be reversible. I'm getting older. It's getting harder to lose weight and stay in shape. I got so wrapped up in schoolwork that I didn't keep up with my exercises nor did I keep up with eating like I should. I've been eating ice cream and chocolate... naughty naughty naughty. Now I'm paying for my six months of decadence and revelry.

No comments: