Today we workshopped my poem. My professor really didn't like it that much. Hell I thought it was the best poem I'd written yet. Well it came out that he thought it was more prose than poem. Whatever. I don't have to write any more poetry for this class, now it's just a short story. Eight to ten pages. I have had terrible writer's block but it's coming down to the wire. I better pull out that hammer and get rid of the block.
One of the kids in my art class has Creative Writing as well and he gave me some ideas for getting started. He made a list of all the things he wants to do in his life. I was pretty flattered when he shared it with me in the first place. He's a really young guy. I'd be surprised if he was 20. His list was really cool. Included among the "write a novel" and "go to Europe" he wants to live out of a VW Westfalia model van in Southern California. That sounds way cool.
I wish I was one of those people who could live out of a backpack, only needing a pair of jeans and a toothbrush to be ready to go anytime anywhere! Yeah, that is so not me. If I don't have hot shower, hot good coffee with cream, and more than one shirt to choose from, I'm very cranky.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment