(post edited for steakbellie's easier consumption--hehehe)
my man forgets to call that he's not going to be home at the pre-agreed upon time... not only is he late, but he's like 3 hours late.
AND He didn't pick up his cell phone... yeah at this point I'm ready to call the hospitals, the sheriff, the posse to go look for him. I was worried. I kept thinking that something was wrong.
So he finally calls and is like way apologetic. Okay cool. I'm just glad you're alive and not in jail or in a wreck. He was going out for a beer after work.
I thought I was pretty reasonable. But when I asked, in a rational tone of voice, if he wasn't answering his phone because he really just didn't want to deal with me... he rolled his eyes and called me a typical woman. I was incensed. How does asking a rational question, in a reasonable tone of voice make me worthy of an eye roll and complete discounting of what or why I asked?
I explained why I was insulted, again in a reasonable tone, and walked into our bedroom to sit quietly and calm down. It wouldn't do any good for me to sit and fume in here.
The bottom line was that he didn't answer his phone. We agreed, long ago, we would call if we were late, answer if the other called... or call right back...so was it completely out of line for me to think that he possibly didn't feel like dealing with me? There really was no drama involved I just wanted to know where his head was.
I mean, I know he was just out with other musicians and got caught up, but 3 hours? I thought I was pretty cool about everything. Ask yourself if your wife/girlfriend/significant other would have been reasonable about much of anything if you had screwed up that bad? It's not as if it wasn't getting dark!!
Oh well... at least he's safe and home and over there on the sofa looking very intently at something the puppy just put in his lap.
Monday, October 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're in the right, however I need you to write in smaller paragraphs next time. I'm very simple minded and need things magazine spoon fed.
MUCH BETTER.....
thanks!
Post a Comment