
R said last night's opening went over quite well. This is an understatement. The Guitar Center store front is on one side of the shopping plaza it's in. It sits right next to Toys R Us. It's like a big "L" shape. On the other side of the plaza is Michael's and Homegoods. It's a sizeable plaza not just some pissant little strip mall.
The line was around to the other side of Homegoods. Several hundred people. R says maybe a thousand. Crap. On a Thursday night from 7pm to midnight. A thousand people. In Chattanooga. I was shocked.
I wasn't shocked that there were a thousand people interested in guitars on a Thursday in Tennessee but maybe I was shocked about people waiting in line to get in, people tailgating out in the car park. For a store opening. Amazing.
It's a huge store! I was standing there waiting for R to be free to have a moment for me and there were a million teenagers picking up guitars, acting like they could play them, professional people who have "know-it-all" disease demanding better prices for these beautiful works of art.
R is so tired from all the preparation, he hasn't had a day off in ages. He won't get another day off til Monday. I was so excited to have a chance to just hang with him for a few minutes while he was vertical.
Let me just say how much I adore this man. I mean, yes I love him, but I truly truly like him. He's so fun and we always have a good time... even the tough times aren't that bad. Anyway we went to grab a bite to eat. R bought me a peanut butter chocolate milkshake and we talked about the latest happenings.
He helped me develop an idea for one story for English. He rules. When I'm done with it I'll post it here cos I know you're just dying to read my homework! ha!
Poor guy, he gets off work and drives home, pats the dog, eats dinner and then promptly passes out on the sofa. He doesn't even have the energy to go outside for a smoke. That's tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment