Saturday, October 08, 2005

my dog and me...

or would that be me and my dog? either way, Fender and I are having big issues. He is beginning to realize he's getting stronger than me. He has been playing this little game where he runs away from me. He thinks it's pretty funny. I don't share in his humor aobut this. Matter of fact, I'm downright pissed off. So as he ran away from me today I got angrier and more frustrated. Finally R's mom caught him and I grabbed him by the scruff of the neck. I dragged him all the way back to my house and Fender bit me twice. He was trying to get away from me, scared, I imagine, but biting me wasn't going to help. I bit him back, not hard, but enough to get his attention and remind him who is in charge. I got him back up onto the porch and he broke away from me, showed me his smile, wagged his tail and tried to take off down the steps again... I grabbed him just in time. We nearly tumbled down the steps but I managed to gain my balance before he could get away... I threw him through the front door and fell into the house. I pointed at his bed, growled, "Git," and he skulked into his crate. It took me nearly 20 minutes to calm down.

Basically I consider myself pretty even tempered. It takes a lot for me to get angry. I'm sure that Fender doesn't even know that he was pushing my buttons... he probably thought it was all a big game. Or maybe he's smarter than I give him credit for... it's just hard to think of him as very smart when he barks at his own shadow... yeah...

So R went with his dad and his uncle up to the UT v. Georgia game. I'm told UT was stomped. Bummer.

No comments: