Sunday, January 01, 2006

well it wasn't pretty

We went to our friend's house last night for the cool kid's New Year's party. I drove out to get R's boss and then we headed over to Missionary Ridge (that's the nice side of town). They have a lovely home, beautiful view, beautifully remodeled home from the 20s. Nice company.

R drank a lot of beer. A lot of beer... then he had some champagne... then a few shots... then some more beer. At about 1 a.m. he couldn't stand up and nearly fell on top of our friend's 90 lb. wife. R is a big guy... this would have been like smooshing a bug under your shoe.

After hugging everyone and loving on everyone, and R telling everyone he loved them... I poured R into the car and took his boss home. On the way, R decided he was car sick. I was on a bridge and couldn't pull over fast enough. It was 29 degrees but the windows... wide open and heat on full blast.

R slept the whole way home but the minute I woke him up to come in the house, he was ill again. After about an hour of wrestling I got him laid out on the sofa, trusty trash bin by his head. Poor guy. He did it to himself but I still felt for him.

I suppose overall this wouldn't have been so bad after I crawled into bed, but at about 3:15 am the dog woke up making heaving noises. I was so tired of being puked on that all I could do was make sure he was still breathing and then go back to bed. The dog made those pukey, heaving noises four more times, waking me each time. After the second time I basically just decided the dog was on his own, I couldn't get up anymore.

Today we've stayed in our pajamas and napped while watching our movies (Serenity and Brother's Grimm.)

So, my New Year's wasn't pretty but I had a nice time overall. How was yours?

2 comments:

steakbellie said...

can i tell you how many times my wife did that for me over the years? you're very sweet.....

redhairedgirl said...

That sounds like me the weekend before Christmas. Poor Tim had to get me off the train to be sick, then pay for a cab to get us the rest of the way home. Then I was sick the whole next day. I felt awful that he had to take care of me like that. Amazinging enough he wasn't even a little annoyed. That's why he's great!

I haven't talked to you in so long! I started going through my blogroll the other day and rediscovered your blog. Yay!