No, I haven't cut out sweets completely but I'm not so willy-nilly about them. I still eat yogurt and fruit. I enjoy wine in moderate amounts. I know there are a lot of changes I'll have to make if the lab comes up with a positive result. Damn.... too much counting, too much focus, too much worrying. Too much.

I do my best to keep my health situaitons to myself and I don't really talk much about my diet/food anymore. Years ago my girlfriends and I decided that there were so many other things to talk about and we refused to foist our food choices on each other and our diets were personal. We started noticing that other women only talked about food, exercise, makeup.... they were boring. We talked about politics, religion, philosophy, literature, travel, hobbies.... we were much more interesting. I blog about it and journal about things to find patterns and vent.
Who knows, it could all just be in my head.
2 comments:
I have this theory - well, not really a theory and not really mine. Anyway. I have this thought that healthy is independent from body type. I don't really believe in diets other than - eat healthy, well-proportioned, balanced meals. Snacking is fine. Sweets are fine. Beer is just fine. Excercize as you can and as you want, based on your ability and your general feeling about it. Most of all, expect that you will look and feel pretty much how you behave. If you want to be muscular then you should go ahead and eat and excerize to be that way. But muscualr and "fit" does not necessarly mean healthy. Some people are big, some people are small. You'll be fine.
And that's the reason that I think you're the bomb! Thanks Birdy :) I needed that
Post a Comment