Sunday, January 08, 2006

snoot snot

Today Anna asked her dad if he would get a horse for when she visits. She's quite sure it wouldn't cost that much and he could certainly afford it. Thank God he explained to her that a) we don't have room, b) yes it would, in fact, cost us quite a bit of money for the feeding and upkeep of such a creature, and c) no, we really don't have that sort of money.

We did, however, promise to arrange for her to "visit" a horse while she's here. This compromise, while not exactly what she wanted, seemed to be acceptable after a bit of coaxing.

This makes me wonder what the hell she's overheard her mother saying. Kids don't usually come up with this stuff on their own. Well, not kids that aren't yet 6.

I told R when we first discussed living together and living here that unless Anna lived with us I would not want to have a horse. I grew up having horses and I know how much work they are. I know you have to exercise them almost daily, you don't get a vacation and vet bills are huge... that and shoes, tack, oats, straw, hay, blah blah blah blah would run us more than a car.

If she lived with us, horse stuff would be her activity and our way of teaching her responsibility. Since she doesn't live with us it would be my job to go to school full time, keep the house, look after the dog and all the other stuff involved with the horse. Yeah, right. I don't want a horse that badly.

New tattoo.... that's what I want.

No comments: