Thursday, September 22, 2005

R gets a new job...

So my man, my dear dear love... he's been working for a security company for the last several weeks. He hates it. Not because of what he does, but because of what he doesn't get to do... like work with people or sleep during the night like most people... He and I agree that we've seen our share of mids in our lives and ICK! we hate them. I admire anyone who can do it, but honestly the only thing I ever liked about mids was that the management forgot about us and we could actually get some freakin' work done instead of my day wasted away in long-winded ill-timed meetings. Since he got this last job he's been looking for a new one as a result. He'll at least be around music as I believe that's where he needs to be. He'll be working at a music store, but it seems pretty progressive. I adore the man but that's not why I think he's a great musician. If you ever heard him play blues guitar you'd know what I meant. He's just supposed to be around music, making music, creating music... this is what he should be doing. Not being the key master at some hospital emergency room at night.
On the school front: Poem 2 is due today. Poem 1 was heavily revised but I'm not sure I can share that with anyone. It's about a friend of mine who I think is pretty pissed off that I wrote it... or maybe he's just pissed off at what I wrote... he may see my perspective as harsh. I should have written about my dog. Then again, no matter what I do I seem to piss everyone off lately. It's a gift. Also on the school front, I have a geography paper due about a restaurant I went to. AND I have an algebra test.
As you might imagine I feel like my brain is melting but such is the life of a freshman. Hell next semester I'll be taking things that are a lot more demanding so I guess I'd better get used to it all. This weekend I'll be sketching, sewing and writing poem 3 so I can't say it'll ever end.

No comments: