Tuesday, September 27, 2005
painting in Russian...
my drawing professor approached me today and asked if I'd be interested in taking a beginning painting course at the Hunter (local museum... see link on the right if you're curious) because there's a Russian lady in the class and they think it might help her out if someone else in the class speaks her language. Well damn. I want to do it! It's expensive but she's going to try to work a deal for me (the professor) so it might not be too much for us to handle. Not only do I need the practice but YES!!! One more art thing I can be doing... I have to take painting next year as part of the art major program at Uni anyway. This just gives me a jump on that. My drawing class is sort of coming together. Today we learned a new technique and building on some other things we have done before, it's sort of coming together for me. At least I feel headed in the right direction instead of completely off the rails like I usually do. I have such poor hand-eye coordination. Not enough video-gaming as a child ;) Maybe someday I'll actually not hate something enough to photograph it and share it here... all I know is I'm improving and that is what matters most to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You apeak Russian?
Shit. I always wanted to learn Russian.
Post a Comment