Okay here's some poetry attempts using prompts. Don't ask me where the prompts came from... just accept :)
no longer the dormouse
waiting silently in the corner
God's sentence upon him
hoping hereafter for mercy
yet all the licorice sorrows
steeping and splashing
boiling and black,
tumultuous under his blanket of serene acceptance
his torment patiently waited
then THUNDER crashed upon him
upon the young
cries I hear, yelps
when chance came roughly brushing by
demanding an accounting for oneself,
a sorry for the red-hot rustling ridges of flame,
searing the memory
listening to the titter of pity
judge, jurors, audience
wishing for relief, expectant of forgiveness
he can feel it, cool and assuaging, on the tongue
the honeyed sweet of healing
This might be done now... I've added the last stanza just today. It still needs a bit of smoothing out but I'm nearly done. What think you?
Thursday, September 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment