Thursday, September 08, 2005

math 1, groovygrrrl 0

That's right boys and girls, I failed my stupid test. Which makes me one pretty pissed off cookie, cookie. The problem was me. I have forgotten that 6 * 9 is NOT 56. The only tricky bit was requiring us to find the lowest fraction for something converted from a percentage. So like 125% change to a fraction... it's 125/100 right? yeah well I turned it into 1 and 25/100 or 1 1/4 but they really wanted just the fraction not the mixed number. I didn't check all the multi-choice answers to see if any of them would be correct so I chose "none of the other choices" yeah so I'm dumb. I was feeling relatively confident about it when I finished. My teacher let me retake the exam... I think I did okay but as I told R, clearly my instincts cannot be trusted because I thought I did the right thing last time. We'll see. But right now... math is up by 1. I really don't want to start freaking myself out again but as I drove home I had visions of being the only senior in Math 105, taking it for the 8th time because I can't get through the arithmetic. That would just really freakin' suck.

No comments: