So, the money problem reared its ugly head Thursday. I came home from school and was heading to the bathroom when he pounced on me to tell me that our account was overdrawn again. I had been keeping track of what I believed to be in that account pretty closely. But there's the problem. I keep track of what I think is in there, but he doesn't always tell me what he's doing. This is what I meant by he won't help me. I don't have access to that account to check it, he doesn't tell me what he uses it for, so I'm trying to keep track of it by myself. And I don't do a very good job at reading his mind. Short of discussing this with the bank, I don't know what else I could have done. He wouldn't work with me, yet it's all my fault.
I only use that account for gas and groceries. Anything else comes out of another account that's solely in my name.
Next thing I know he's telling me how he fixed it and the words are, "I gave you some money to fix the problem." Considering it's a joint account, maybe it's not just my problem. And I didn't get there by myself. I bite my tongue about it. It won't solve anything to prove I'm right. He's convinced I have a problem so whatever.
Yesterday I was supposed to make dinner but he didn't come home until 7. I asked if he wanted dinner still and he made a face and said he'd had a big lunch. This was really inconsiderate, even with a mild apology.
My mom and I are working out the moving arrangements and I may be moving 3 days earlier than I thought. Good. I need to get the fuck out of here.
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi there. I've seen you comment whoknowwhere - so stopped by & read back a bit. Relationships are so hard. I hope you find what you're looking for and that your move/change is great. I'll keep reading....
Post a Comment