During my efforts to sort of comfort myself, I got a phone call from a dear friend. He asked if I received his text message the other day. I hadn't gotten anything at all so I was sort of joking with him that some random woman was probably wondering why the hell he texted her. He didn't laugh. I immediately knew something was wrong... Michael always gives me at least a courtesy chuckle if he doesn't make a smart assed remark.
Come to find out his girlfriend kicked him out. They hadn't been together for too long, but I knew he absolutely adored her. She was seemingly a lovely person. Then she kicks him out because she can't seem to reconcile her fear of commiting. Geez what is this an epidemic? The "anti-commit" pandemic of 2006? Like Bird flu. We should all get immunized.
So... I have decided that my "Earth mother" image is in tact. My class mates seem to always talk to me, gravitate to me, seek me out... strangely it helps to nurture, to help someone else, to comfort. It's oddly helpful. So I guess wallowing isn't really where I am...
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment