Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I was reading a post by Kristine on her blog (Random and Odd) about her daughter. Apparently some nasty woman told her lovely teenaged daughter that she looked anorexic. This beautiful, vibrant young woman is now questioning herself and feeling ugly because of one woman.

Why are we so terrible to each other?

Kristine ended by asking when the last time it was we felt beautiful. I personally can't recall. Probably the last time Robb told me I was pretty. Which was a year ago. maybe.

Why I need his validation, I'll never know.

I read all the comments and only a handful of women felt beautiful on a regular basis. The more I thought about this the sadder it made me.

I've decided this summer is all about getting me back. A summer of loving myself. Meditating, reading, thinking, writing in my journal, taking classes, eating better, exercising. Reminding myself of who I am and why I used to have confidence. Reinventing myself sans man. Maybe then I'll feel beautiful no matter what I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Loving yourself"..."sans man"

I'm such a dork.