Actually I haven't counted them really but I know there are several evils of the VA. I filed for my education benefits from the VA back in July. I sent in my signature and the other paperwork they require. Three times.
I finally got through to the education benefits counsellors and they told me that yes, as of November 7th my paperwork is complete. Now I have the privelege of waiting another 8 to 10 weeks for the funds. July to January. We've exhausted my savings, I've even had to dig into the nest egg managed by my father.
And now I have to dig into it again. We are on the edge of the hole and looking in. R is really upset. Don't get me wrong, so am I but I'm more frustrated, helpless and freaked out. R doesn't think I'm upset nor am I proactive in solving the problem... he also thinks I'm a doormat. Admittedly I can be a bit passive, I really dislike confrontation... but frankly, I'm not sure how getting shirty or telling the VA it's unacceptable they've taken so long and now it's freakin' Christmas is going to solve anything.
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment