Tuesday, November 08, 2005

school gossip


Well today was an interesting day in English. Ya see, there's a chick in there who I believe to be an alcoholic. She's always got one of those little bottles of vodka. Like those little airline bottles. She stashes them in her purse and then during class she takes a sip now and again. Yeah our professor knows. I think today he performed an intervention. He called vodka girl outside and dismissed us from class to be able to "take care of a situation" with her. We've all noticed her behavior has been odd lately... she's not as happy as usual and her consumption of these little bottles seems to be on the rise.

Her story she submitted for workshop was what, we are speculating, could be semi-autobiographical, talking about a promiscuous past and a recent devotion to God. Maybe this girl has a great deal of pain she's trying to numb herself to.

Seems another friend of mine is having marital trouble. He's been a devout Catholic for years so I can only imagine how this must be for him. Maybe it's more accurate to say I can't imagine what he must be feeling. Marriage is so hard, then add in all the personal growth struggles and religion...

I need chocolate. School sucks. All I want to do is play in the Art department and all I end up doing is paper after paper... bleah.

No comments: