Well crap it's been 20 years since I was a real student. I dropped out of the rat race to do this so it's quite a change... mind boggling doesn't come close. More like bone rattling, cage cleaning, sinus clearing... wait, that's something else. Anyway...
Creative Writing is going to suck if all we do is poetry. I can only write sucky poetry. And usually then only when I've had too much red wine.
Some girls really should go home and put some freakin’ clothes on. I thought the crocheted dress was for the beach. Oh hell maybe I should look in the mirror... flip flops, skort and black henley tee? What am I? 12?
I need some new headphones to wear... these keep popping out of my head.
When my professor asked me what brought me to the art department I barked out something sort of lame about wanting to be more creative and free... yeah whatever... the real reason was because I felt the only way to find me again was to nurture that little kid inside that wants to draw and make stuff. I learned self-discipline in the AF but at the expense of my self... now the trick is to learn to balance what I learned to be while I become who I really am. So this afternoon when my geography professor asks me what brought me to Geography I’d like to have an answer that’s better than “cos I gotta take it.” Maybe the reason I chose geography is because it’s a way to discover more about the world and open my mind beyond just Europe.
Another thing that I started thinking about this morning during Drawing... while she was explaining the grading, maybe I was being too sensitive about my photography professor at the U of A. I always thought she didn’t like my work so she downgraded me ... that could well be true but my honest assessment of my work at that time in my life was that it left a lot to be desired. I really could have worked harder in that course. Hell, I could have worked harder in all my courses... could be why I was asked not to return. Be honest when you’re looking at yourself here... my writing and my art won’t tolerate lying... just like I don’t tolerate lying when I’m in a relationship. Why the hell should I tolerate honesty from myself? I’m not a hypocrite...
The guy across from me is really checking out the chick in the pink capris. Geez it’s kind of creepy. I wish he’d quit... it has NOTHING to do with me but I’m annoyed when anyone does that crap. i guess I’d better get used to it... these are KIDS I’m talking about. Oh crap Creepy guy just engaged in eye contact a bit too long for my liking... ACK.
Note to self... charge iPod more. It’s dying. CRAP!!! Just when I thought I actually had a reader/commenter... MY GAWD they spam me even on my blog. *hiding that comment* Now listen you insurance water salesman people... cut that shit out!!!
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
okay seriously, what is WITH some of these girls? because if you dress like that much of a hoochie you aren't a woman, that's for sure. lord knows it's not that i have anything against "sexy," but what happened to artful, teasing sexy, a la Sophia Loren? and i'm hip; i dug it when carrie on sex in the city wore evening dresses that showed her bra aftfully. but c'mon, do I REALLY need to see that much skin? do they realize they realize they look like they're headed to the community bathroom in their dorm for a shower at 5am rather than in class? and are pajama bottoms that i can see your underwear (are lack thereof) REALLY okay for standing in line at the post office?? Ugh...
Post a Comment