Thursday, August 25, 2005

poetry...

okay who here didn't know that creative writing was poetry heavy? ME!!! That's who. I'm annoyed with myself. I didn't want to write poetry. Why? Well probably because it's too personal. It's just a bit too much of me. I know I know I can do anything I set my mind to but I am questioning the wisdom of this judgment. I'm totally happy in my other courses (with the ever-present exception of Algebra.) How do I love Algebra??? I'm trying hard to love it. But it's like that girl (I'll call her Angelina Ballerina) I used to work with. I could have liked her had she been nice to me but she was always a jerk. She was really quite unattractive, horrible buck-teeth and terrible skin, tall but stooped with the weight of herself. She started out sort of nice to me, but more patronizing than anything. I tried to get past it as I figured it was just competition but CRAP ya don't have to act like an asshole all the time do ya? Well maybe she did. I remember telling my boss that I wouldn't mind working with her so much if she would just freaking lighten up on it all. I'm overeacting about the poetry no doubt but CRAAAAAAP and double CRAAAAPPPPP I didn't wanna do that. But on a good note, I get to go to an arts and crafts fair in Monteagle this weekend. The mon-in-law-to-be (furthermore referred to as MIL2B) and I are hopping in the convertible and heading there on Sat. Oh and I'm volunteered for working the judged arts and crafts show coming next month. DAMN that's nearly here. Where the hell did the time go? FREAKIN POETRY that's where. Anna Akhmatova I will never be. Then again that's probably good cos her work was based on a life spent in the brutality of Russian society pre-glasnost. It really could be worse. I really should never have tried it. BAH. No No I will not be self-defeatist. (Welcome to the war that rages in my head daily.)

No comments: