Monday, January 24, 2005
Family
Well I guess I finally need to start confronting the issues my stepmother apparently has with me. After her demonstration last week of completely misinterpreting my actions and my emails, I'm not sure I want to talk to her. She wrote me a horribly nasty letter where she basically just char-broiled me for not dropping EVERYthing for their trip here. We've been trying ot sort out the visit with my folks for that long as well, but between business trips and other things we're just now getting to the nitty gritty. Well, ya know what??? I've had some of these plans for freakin' months! I've lived in England for nearly 3 years now and you're just NOW deciding to come... you can either join me in the plans that I've already made and paid a few thousand dollars for or you can come when I don't have plans. Hm. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask your potential guests to come when you have time off work or during times when they can join you in the activities you've already planned. I'm through apologizing for having my own life and despite my invitiations to join in the fun, she still wants to complain. Whatever! I'm not sure what I should do. I did speak to my father, who is the most important person in the relationship, but the issue is with her. Dad is way cool and he says he totally understands the situation, appreciated my candor and said he'd get back to me about joining us in Ireland. For some reason my stepmonster believes my father is completely crushed that I can't just cancel those plans. Dad seems to be perfectly reasonable. She claims I'm trying to wedge them in between Robb's mom and his daughter and the plans we have with everyone. Well hm. I live with Robb. So yeah there's some adjusting and wedging. This would have happened regardless of the time of their visit unless Robb was away for work. Robb's mother is spending just as much money coming here as they are. His daughter doesn't understand that my father and stepmonster might not want to go to the zoo or Planet Zoom or the water park. Robb's mother made these arrangements several months ago. So, someone please tell me again why this makes me selfish? And even if I am selfish, won't cancel my plans that I've paid for, please tell me what is so wrong with that? *sigh* this is insane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment