Poem by my step-monster Cathy D.
Procrastination is my greatest sin
It brings on needless sorrow
I really must stop doing it
By George! I'll start tomorrow.
Yes this has been my mantra for the last 20 years. I don't know why I avoid things, but I do. It's not exactly as if they're all that unpleasant. I definitely put off the unpleasant things, but overall I think it's just a general avoidance of doing anything I don't really want to do. Sometimes it's not hurting anyone but me, but others it's really really hurting those around me. Not just making it appear as if I don't care about them or their issues, but sometimes my inaction causes them more work/pain/grief than if I had just done something in the first place. For a while there, my constant "forgetting" to do my college application caused Robb to think I didn't want to put our plan into action. This was soooo not the case. I just couldn't figure out how to NOT look stupid in an essay where you had to put into 1000 words or less why you wanted to attend that particular college. He didn't understand this so he figured I didn't want to be with him. We eventually straightened this out, but it works both ways actually. I figured since he was leaving me alone about some other stuff that it meant he didn't care enough to bug me. Funny what assumptions can do to your life. Communication and not presumption is really what works. Remind me of this again after I start freaking out about moving.... again. (Flowergrrrl departs stage left to continue her latest freak out about the moving!!!) BAH!!!
Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment