Thursday, June 29, 2006

L is for Loser

There are days and then there are other days. Not sure what that means but it sounded really good.

So when looking for a job, be prepared to feel like you've got a big L taped to your forehead. At least this is for shmo's like me who don't take rejection well. I feel the cosmos has a message for me and it's "you need to hit bottom baby." or something like that.

I suppose I really shouldn't be so hard on myself but here's the bottom of the bottom: nearly 60 applications later I have had NO interviews. That's right. Not even Home Depot.

Now it's not like I'm stupid, inarticulate or even have a big zit on my forehead. Usually. I'm nearly well educated, somewhat attractive, personable... yet not one phone call. The phone works. But I'm still not.

Well meaning people say, "oh well you should be willing to accept something for the meantime..." yeah cheesehead, hadn't thought of that... I thought I was just going to rule the world now without having to step on the shoulders of those who opposed me. I know they mean well, but what do they think? Really it's because they have very little useful things to say. But I'm not supposed to be mean. I'm supposed to just say Oh thank you for thinking I'm that dumb.

Can you tell I'm frustrated?

No comments: