I have to ask myself what is it that women really want? actually I don't care about all women I just care about what I want, but it helps to examine the macro-view before I can focus on the micro. I guess all women want to feel good, to feel valued, to take care of their families and not worry... I suppose my desires for my life aren't *that* different, but I want to finish my education (BS, MA, and PhD), make enough money to retire so that I don't have to worry or work until I die.... I'd like to take care of my mom and dad... have a couple of dear friends in my life who care about me and like spending time with me.... two vacations a year (real vacations not obligations), to feel good/healthy. I don't think any of those things are unattainable, nor are they unreasonable....
I think the biggest challenge is the companionship part. I don't know that I want a man in my life like a husband.... a permanent handyman and occasional footrubber would be okay but I don't want to take care of anyone. Been there, done that...
I believe what happened with my friend was not only a difference of expectations but also a difference in personality. I would like to believe that men do not change my personality, either with or without them. I am who, how, and what I am... at least I'm going to tell myself that...
No comments:
Post a Comment