Well, for all my bluster, it happened again. I believed I had changed my behavior and my expectations and that all would be better... but I was completely wrong. A few months ago I met W, who was a dear friend of several of my dear friends. My schedule is so hectic, that it didn't matter that I didn't see him often, nor did it matter that he didn't call that often after the first couple weeks... I'm too busy to need all that attention that other relationships have needed. And so it goes.... he had tough times, I was a good friend... cared, listened, paid attention, even helped him get a new job when he was having severe troubles at another... yet, on my way to my last final of the term, he decides then that he needs to tell me he doesn't want to see me anymore. I suppose it was a nasty feeling, rejection, and the timing wasn't all that great... but when he pulled over his car and professed I was such a great friend and how much he treasured me.... well I lost it! How can you say you treasure someone when you can't be bothered to be considerate? So there's another friend I've had to forget about in my life.
Do I expect too much by just asking someone to be considerate? Is it too much to ask of someone to simply BE a friend when your friend has been one to you? Wow.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment