Monday, January 01, 2007

oooh it's an ATF kinda day...

I had a real tough Christmas this year. So I'm having a bang up New Year. The perfect day, the perfect way to end the year.... mixing alcohol and firearms, discovering new ways to break my resolutions and royally fucking up my diet. Crap-o-matic, what the hell do I care?

On the other hand we've had a Law & Order-a-licious-palooza. How can that suck?

We used most of the day to clear some dead and downed trees on our property and cut them up into firewood... then luckily we went shooting again. I think next month I'm buying a new gun. Geezo peezo I sound like a redneck.

But it's not like I just have a gun collection or want to be the new breed of David Koresh. I've been mugged, robbed, burglarized, and stalked several times in the last few years. And then the other day, my mom was getting my step-dad dressed to go to the doctor... and some asshole broke in to the house. This is unacceptable. That's the second time in 6 weeks. You'd get a gun too. And I've even been safe about it. I got a carry-concealed permit and I'm learning to clean my gun, the difference between bullets, and shooting regularly so I can be a crack shot. Next month I'm buying a Bersa .380 or another similar semi-auto to carry. Right now I'm carrying a .38 Special. The semi-auto is a much more elegant weapon and it's got a safety.

The guys at work are all so impressed that I've been working at this. Hell most of them want my gun. They keep offering to trade me theirs for mine. HA! Some days it's a lot of fun to work with cops. They can be a hoot when they want to be. I adore my guys: The Scot, the baby Deputy, the underachiever, the old Indian, the chihuahua Sarge, the HOT Lieu, the Analyst and the National Guard Chick. They're like characters in a novel. Each one has their own unique part in the story. They love me... it's a good place to be after all the recent crappy crap.

The Sarge said the other day he was separating the baby Deputy and the underachiever... "they're like oil and water these days..." So the Scot said, "Don't worry Sarge, I'm like a baked potato. I go well with anything." They're just too damned cute!

And so the Groovy Chronicles continue... all things are groovy...
Peace Love and man-stopper bullets,
Groovy

No comments: