so there I was... standing at the crosswalk.
Guy in a truck pulls up to said crosswalk.
He's not completely stopped so I don't cross.
He gestures that he will let me cross.
As I'm crossing, he continues to creep into the crosswalk.
I stop.
I look at him as he nears 3 inches from my body.
He stops.
He flips me off.
I smile.
I continue my walk across the street.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the pesto recipe! That will come in handy.
Here's the recipe for the pasta I made:
1 1-pound box linguine or spaghetti
8 oz Yukon gold potatoes (peeled if desired)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
10 oz green beans, ends trimmed
1 cup store-bought pesto (I don't know how to alter if if you use homemade, if you need to alter it at all)
1/4 cup (1 oz) grated Parmesan
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Meanwhile, place the potatoes and salt in a large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are almost but not quite tender, about 15 minutes. Add the beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and green beans in a colander. Let cool slightly. Cut the otatoes into a 1/2-inch dice and cut the green beans into 1-inch pieces. Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the potatoes, green beans, pesto, Parmesan, and pine nuts (if using). Toss to combine.
The "large bowl" is important. My bown wasn't large enough, and it made tossing rather difficult.
Post a Comment